9 Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day
Holiday celebrations look different these days. This Valentine’s Day, check out these fun activities you can do with your loved one.
1. Romance Under The Sea WHEN: Feb. 12–14 WHERE: Downtown Aquarium HOW: Reserve a spot at opentable.com Looking for a unique dining experience this Valentine’s Day? Take your sweetheart to the Downtown Aquarium for a decadent four-course meal, complete with two glasses of champagne and two Aquarium Adventure Passes. 2. Boulder Symphony: True Love WHEN: Feb. 13 WHERE: Boulder Theater HOW: Get tickets at bouldersymphony.org Celebrate music from the last hundred years to today that brings the greatest love stories to life. All tickets are sold at tables of four or eight and include two drinks. Additional beverages, food, and upgrades are also available.
3. Virtual Valentine’s Dinner Date WHEN: Feb. 14 WHERE: Online HOW: Reserve a sport at dug.org/valentines Denver Urban Gardens (DUG) is excited to host local food hero Chef Biju Thomas for an intimate night in with a virtual Valentine’s cooking class! DUG will provide everything, including custom cocktails, live music, and all the ingredients you’ll need to whip up your romantic meal of fattoush (z’atar) salad; winter vegetable roast with chicken, falafel, or crispy tofu; and wildflower honey and butter-poached pistachios in pastry with cinnamon cream.
4. Year of the Golden Ox Celebration WHEN: Feb. 11 at 5:30pm; Feb. 12 and 13 at 9:30am, 1:30pm, 5:30pm WHERE: Online HOW: Get tickets at lonetreeartscenter.org Why not celebrate Valentine’s Day AND Chinese New Year with one event? This Livestream program with three one- hour sessions will showcase the diversity of traditional and contemporary Chinese American artists. Programs include dance, music, acrobatics, and Chinese Opera performed by world renowned Chinese American performers living in America and a panel discussion with them.
5. Denver Nuggets V. Los Angeles Lakers WHEN: Feb. 14 WHERE: On TV/radio, watch from home HOW: Watch on Altitude Sports or listen to KKSE 92.5FM Calling all basketball fans! The Denver Nuggets will be cele- brating Valentine’s Day on the court! Cheer on the Nuggets from the comfort of your own home as they take on the Los Angeles Lakers.
6. Couples Spa Escape WHEN: Anytime WHERE: Ritz-Carlton’s Couples Spa Escape HOW: Go to ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/colorado/denver/spa Unwind together! The Ritz-Carlton’s Couples Spa Escape offers two hours of relaxation with your partner, including side-by- side massages and full, private access to all spa facilities.
7. Downtown Horse & Carriage Ride WHEN: Anytime WHERE: Downtown Denver HOW: Book a ride at irishrosedrafts.com/downtown Take a romantic ride through downtown Denver. Sit up high, snuggled under a blanket, in a Cinderella carriage drawn by magnificent draft horses. As you slowly clip-clop along the streets, you’ll get a different perspective of the sights and lights of downtown Denver.
8. Dillon Ice Castles WHEN: Thru Feb. 28 WHERE: Dillon Town Park HOW: Get tickets at icecastles.com/colorado Check out the award-winning frozen attraction is built using hundreds of thousands of icicles hand-placed by professional ice artists. The castles include breathtaking LED-lit sculptures, ice-carved tunnels, frozen thrones, slides, fountains, and more.
9. Cooking With Cupid WHEN: Feb. 11–14 WHERE: Online HOW: Visit cookstreet.com/product/cooking-with-cupid Join the chefs at Cook Street for a Valentine’s celebration that’s guaranteed to stir up more than just delicious dishes. These deluxe class sumptuous dishes guaranteed to spoil your palate and an optional wine tasting.